RSS

mind if we freestyle?

My month in concerts/shows was supposed to go like this:

2/11 - Desoto Jones @ Grape Street
2/13 - The Ataris @ The First Unitarian Church
2/15 - The Audition, Envy on the Coast, Another Day Late @ The First Unitarian Church
2/22 - New Brilliant & A Lifelike Story @ Spotlight Music
2/23 - Desoto Jones @ Arcadia University
2/24 - The Loved Ones @ First Unitarian Church

And then Grape Street closed, I got to the church only to find out that they had double-booked and postponed The Ataris show, ticketweb fucked up and never sent me my tickets and I wasn't sure the right name was on the will call list for The Audition show, and central jersey got six and a half inches of snow and there was no way I was driving out to Flemington.

So, by the 22nd, I was 0/4 on shows. However, because I have friends in low high places, I mananged to score an invite to a private 18+ show featuring a little band called Panic At The Disco at Irving Plaza in New York. Oh man, it was fucking incredible. I didn't have to elbow a single person. There was air on my back during the show. This is unheard of, people. (Fueled By Ramen bands would make a killing doing the occasional 18+ show. I'm just saying.) The set list was: We're So Starving, Nine In The Afternoon, But It's Better If You Do, She's A Handsome Woman, That Green Gentleman, I Write Sins, & Mad As Rabbits.

Five songs off the new album. FIVE. Granted I had previously heard two of them, but still. They were all incredible. That Green Gentleman was my favorite by far, and it apparently going to be their next single and I can't wait. They also re-arranged the old songs to fit with the new sound and everything sounds amazing. They have grown so much as musicians and it makes my little music loving-heart so very happy. I cannot wait for this record.

After that they did a little Q&A session which was pretty much the most hilarious thing I've ever witnessed. I love that they refuse to be serious about anything.

And that was my Saturday. Sunday was equally ridiculous. That story is coming soon.

0 comments: