RSS

starting off the year right

A Lifelike Story, Kinda Like True Love and Daybreak playing an acoustic show @ Bucks County Coffee in Flemington, NJ on January 11th.

This was my first show of the new year, and if I can see one show a month that was this good, I will be a very happy person.

A Lifelike Story



I didn't know that they were going to be playing until I got there and saw them setting up so that was an awesome surprise. I don't know how old these kids are but I can't say enough good things about this band. Taylor's voice is amazing. I just wish they had an EP or something I could buy so I could listen to them all the time. According to their myspace they are going to be playing @ Grape Street in March which is actually local for me and I cannot wait for that show.


"We've Got The Night"




Kinda Like True Love


I am convinced that in two or three years this guy is going to be huge and I will be so glad that I got to see him play tiny little acoustic shows in coffee houses. (I think that about all three of these bands, actually.) He played "Self-Titled" which is my favorite song and you can watch the video below (and also listen to it on his myspace) and the only complaint I had about this show was that he cut his set short.




"Self-Titled"



Daybreak


The first time I saw this band, I thought they were a little rough around the edges, but in a couple of years they could be awesome. After having seen them three times, (this show was the second), I still think that, but I definately feel like they get a little bit better everytime I see them. In the middle of "Don't Leave," Eric forgot some of the words, and I've seen a lot of bands/singers screw up in the middle of the song and I think the best save I've ever seen was Brian saying, "Just sing anything, be like 'I like frogs, they are so cool...'"




"Welcome Home"


They put that video up on their myspace, and I'm not gonna lie, I think that's pretty cool.

0 comments: