RSS

looking forward to the future

A few things I am currently looking forward to:



» The new Fall Out Boy album: Folie À Deux, to be released on election day (Nov. 4th). If you think my big plans for that day are anything other than going to vote and then driving to the store to pick up this album, you are sorely mistaken. (The announcement of this record was the culmination of the “Citizens for Our Betterment” viral marketing scheme which, was tracked very thoroughly by this website.)



» Robots and Racecars upcoming EP, which at one point was being called “Robots and Racecars Are Out of Their Element.” However, that was over a month ago and who knows how many name changes it’s gone through since then. Guitar and drum tracks have been recorded and they are currently working on vocals. Nicholas assures me that it will be “epic.”

The Loved Ones


» All Aboard: A Tribute To Johnny Cash. Even more than the Gaslight Anthem track, I’m looking forward to the Loved Ones cover of my all time favorite Johnny Cash song, Cocaine Blues. This is the one thing I have to wait the least for as it comes out next week! UPDATE: Apparently I spoke too soon, because the release has been pushed back to October 21st.



» The Decemberists are putting out a series of singles entitled “Always the Bridesmaid” to be released in three volumes, starting in October. They are also currently in the studio recording their next LP. That is a lot new music and that makes me very happy, as it has been far too long for my taste. Also, they must have heard me complaining about how they haven’t toured in forever, because they are going back out and will once again be hitting up The Electric Factory in Philadelphia, where I last saw them two years ago. Their complete tour dates can be found here.

0 comments: